Monday, October 25, 2010

so wrap me up in dreams and death

well. that was a bit of a bland first start.
though i'm not sure i can make today much more interesting.
four days of the week, most of my waking hours are spent working.
on 3rd shift.
this was one of those for days. or is?
i guess it depends on the day begins or ends for each individual.
but honestly. my point is only that, it is rare that anything happens at work that is interesting enough to tell a story about later.

but!

my dreams are pretty interesting.

in the past two days, sleeping, i've been abused by a customer, ignored by friends, accused of murder, in a car chase, and most recently shot in the stomach by a coworker- right in front of a hospital! and he wouldn't let me go inside.

with that being said, i suppose it's time to see what today's sleep has in store for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya,
    I worked third shift at a hospital for two happy years...I'm Amy, wanted to introduce myself since I don't think I've posted on Lorraine's blog for forever. I am also a fellow prisoner of the midwest, Milwaukee specifically. It looks like you are in Illinois - there are several fiends there who actually get together. I've only met the one so far but it was truly great and I felt like I'd known her for a long time. I won't be at HOTR but I'm guessing it will be that feeling multiplied!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i've visited milwaukee once, when i was a young'n...
    i lived in chicago for a bit but mostly my time in illinois has been spent at the iowa border in the quad cities region

    i've been continuously getting such warm welcomes from everyone, that at this point i can't believe i almost thought of canceling just because my friend bailed!
    everyone i've met so far has seemed absolutely lovely. it's a shame i won't meet you and some of the others this weekend, but thanks for welcoming me!

    ReplyDelete