Thursday, January 19, 2012

Clever Girl

Once upon a time, I had the best job ever.
Well. Theoretically.
I worked at Reckless Records.
It wasn't high-paying, but I was happy.
It was the least stressful job I ever had.
However it wasn't enough to keep me within the claws of a grasping Chicago economy.
So I had to move back home.

But to this day, I am proud to have been a part of it.

So when I saw this:
Happy Endings: "Makin' Changes"

I about pee'd my pants.
About six and a half minutes into the show, one of the main characters friend's is shown, and he is wearing a Reckless Records T-shirt.
I jumped out of my seat.
I know it was only something small, but I will always be grateful for that job, and that experience.

So for my sake, go watch that video while it's available. And do a happy dance when you see the Reckless T-Shirt.
And maybe even laugh and enjoy it, because it IS a comedy.


In other news, at the rate I am going I doubt there will be a day I won't have a dream to write about.
Although I wish today the entry would have been blank.
I understand the irrationality behind most dreams.
The worst dreams are the ones that take my fears in real life, and incorporate them into something worse once asleep.
I already know in real life, that my thoughts can be on the ridiculous side. That I think too much, and I fret too much.
I know this all too well.
But then for these thoughts and fears to be sucked into my dream world, where the fantastic happens on a regular basis...
Not cool, brain. Not. Cool.
I don't expect my dreams to be all rainbows and unicorns.
I have my fair share of ravenous dinosaurs quite regularily.
But I would rather dream of a Velociraptor tearing my arm off, than to have my real life fears amplified while asleep.


I can't wait for this roller coaster to take on more passengers.
It's far from over, but at least there will be a small reprieve before it starts the next loop.




No comments:

Post a Comment