Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dreams Vs. Reality

I've actually been doing a better job at keeping my dream blog updated, than this one.
Three nights in a row, I've determined when I get home I will post an update.
And three nights in a row, surprise! It doesn't happen.

A few times, I solely wanted to write, to vent.
I've been mad at myself, for my emotions.
I can't control them, I understand I can't, but I dislike it nonetheless.
But as I am typing this, I don't have the momentum in me anymore to vent.
Another day, perhaps.
Ha! Perhaps?!
It's inevitable.
It is the highest amount of impossible, for me to keep my emotions and misconstrued over-active brain in check.

But for now, a few things of notable mention:

I posted on twitter about a fascinating article and video involving a record player "playing" a tree's rings.
Besides posting to the public, I added Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman to it as well. Given their numerous tweets, it seemed something they might be interested it.
I don't know what I actually expected. I figured, if they weren't over encumbered with everyone else in the world that tweets at them, they might read it. Perhaps they might even share it.
I wasn't far off.
Amanda Palmer took my message in its entirety, added her own little comment, and re-posted it.
I don't care how much of a fan-girl this makes me, but I most definitely squee'd.
No, she didn't reply to me directly.
But she took the time to read something I thought she might find interesting, and she found it interesting enough to share.
So I am allowed to squee, damnit.

Earlier in the week, my ex-aunt-in-law? slash friend of the family came over for dinner. She commented on a piece of art that is hanging in our living room.
This one, to be exact:
















(The post-it reads: "my mind is not strong enough to keep these thoughts out of my head")
It was my 20th birthday present, from my parents.
Her commenting on it caused a chain reaction, which ultimately led me to dig out other works I have by Kurt Halsey, stored away from when I moved home from Chicago.
Not for lack of wanting them, but so many still need to be framed. So for now, they stay safe in a storage bin.
However, it was a wonderful little trip down memory lane, seeing the pieces that spoke to me and the memories that accompanied them.

Last, but not least, I have finally taken steps on the trek down Doctor Who lane.
Long ago, I made it my goal to start from the beginning - well, initially, the 2005 beginning.
I watched the first episode, and most of the second but it was late and night and I dozed off before the ending.
For the next few days, I kept it in my mind, to watch the last bit of the second episode and continue my journey.
However, it got pushed to the side, and for a short while forgotten.
But! No longer!
I've resumed my adventure, and couldn't be happier about it.
The going is slow, as I have to juggle other aspects of my life, but slow is better than stagnant!
Next up, "Dalek"

Eep!



No comments:

Post a Comment